Thursday, April 15, 2010

Cooking at Home:

One aspect of living in Japan and having so much relative free time is that I have the time to cook a lot of my meals at home. I eat breakfast and many dinners by my own hand in my tiny apartment. More than one person has told me it's cheaper to eat out, and that may be true (I doubt it though...my dinner tonight ran around 500 yen at most, and that included drink and dessert. So tonight for dinner I had scallops sauteed in garlic and olive oil with stir fried bok-choy (it's so cheap here and so delicious, it's usually my vegetable with every meal) over fried noodles (my first attempt, came out pretty well). For dessert I had the last piece of a chocolate roll that I had bought a week ago, and tea as my drink. I doubt I could get as much food for as cheap eating out. And seafood is so ridiculously cheap here, I get to eat it all the time. I still have a ton of shrimp in my freezer that I have to eat sometime soon. Not to mention the Edamame and carrot katsu patty (it looks like a chicken patty but isn't) and leftover Gyoza, probably for tomorrow.

In short, my refrigerator is full of delicious food. And I am weirdly domestic
.
Now really, to bed...